Monday, January 24, 2022

DID SOMEONE SAY CAKE? A new book of 12 yummy patterns with Moda Bake Shop

 Who doesn't love cake?

Moda Bake Shop has a new book of patterns that will be released on February 1, 2022, Moda Bake Shop Did Someone Say Cake?  The Book was complied by Lissa Alexander and has twelve yummy patterns in it.   Each Monday for the next four weeks you may read a brief Q&A with each of the contributors on the Moda Bake Shop section of Moda Fabrics website.

This week happens to be my turn along with Amanda Wilbert (@piecedjustsew on Instagram) and Nicola Dodd (@cakestandquilts on Instagram).

My quilt pattern is called Cartwheels and Roundoffs and was made using Flowers For Freya by Linzee Kull McCray.  The quilt finishes at 63" x 81". 

Here's my Q&A: 

What is your all-time favorite Moda Layer Cake?  Swell Christmas by Urban Chiks.  I am a sucker for a Christmas Quilt and an old fashioned Santa!

What is your favorite kind of cake?  Graham Cracker Cake - it's an old family recipe that has been handed down over the past 5 generations. 

Do you have a recipe to share or link to?  Okay - My Great Aunt Isabel is going to haunt me, but it's too yummy not to share - Graham Cracker Cake Recipe. 

How long have you been a MBS Chef?  Since the Summer of 2018.

My favorite part of making a quilt is... Piecing the blocks I designed and seeing the image in my mind come to life. 

My least favorite part of making a quilt is... "Quilt Wrestling", also known as binding.


Washi Tape - is my quilt from the Best of Moda Bake Shop, published July, 2020.


Echo Stars is my most recent project for using Moda fabrics and is currently available in my Etsy shop

For more inspiration you may follow me on Instagram:

Until next time...happy sewing!
Lisa Jo




No comments:

Post a Comment