Monday, March 7, 2022

Reflections – Thistle Stars Remix

I'd like to share with you a remix of one of my favorite patterns, Thistle Stars. This quilt sitting in my garden along with the bitter cold temps and remaining snow is giving me a case of Spring Fever.



I am the type of maker that once I have made one pattern, I very rarely will ever remake that same pattern again as there are so many ideas in my artistic brain and only so much time.

When I saw Reflections by Lauren Brewer Designs, I knew that I needed to make a new version my Thistle Stars Quilt.

Just to make things interesting, I decided to mix it up by eliminating the sashing, adding 3 rounds of borders, and then binding the quilt with my favorite fabrics from the collection.

Eliminating the sashing creating a very interesting secondary block and I am a sucker for a quilt with a secondary block design.

The collection, Reflections, has beautiful floral prints in yellow, teal, parchment, pink, green, red, navy and seafoam. Along with the four floral prints, there is a darling clover leaf blender and a a sweet cherry print.

I had fun playing with the pinks, navy blues, teal, parchment and a dash of yellow.

I also thought that the florals and the pinks looked very pretty with these antiques.

For more inspiration, follow me on instagram @neverlandstitches or my blog Neverlandstitches.

Until next time…I hope you always find something around you that inspires creativity…

Lisa Jo 



No comments:

Post a Comment