Thursday, June 6, 2019

Moda BakeShop's Summer QAL Begins & Summer Nights on The Island Layout


Are you going to sew along with this summer's At The Seashore QAL on Moda BakeShop?  I am!  You can find the fabric requirement and a great worksheet to help keep you organized for the quilt along on the Moda BakeShop website.

I had sew much fun sewing along last year.  I am especially thrilled as this summer, I am one of the Chef's who helped design this summer's quilt.

I will be using Orchard by April Rosenthal for my quilt.


This summer, Moda BakeShop has decided to do this a tad differently, and will show you the various layouts first before the blocks.  Susan Vaughan is first up with her layout called Sailing Flag Sampler.



I will be assembling my quilt slightly differently using a layout I call Summer Nights on the Island.


You may download the instructions for the filler blocks by clicking HERE

I will add the sashing and boarder cutting instructions later this weekend. 

Until next time...Happy Sewing!
Lisa Jo





2 comments:

  1. I dropped by from the bakeshop and I'm so glad I did! I was thinking about joining the QAL but I wasn't thrilled with the layout that was posted so I figured I'd wait to see what other layouts were coming. But I love your revised layout, it really speaks to me, now I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing your layout.

    ReplyDelete